Our growing electronics recycling and I.T. asset disposition company receives nearly one thousand I.T. assets to be reused, refurbished, or recycled every day. We are looking to add an I.T. Asset Recovery Technician to the team. This role involves sorting, identifying, testing, and inventorying various I.T. hardware, including but not limited to: Servers, Switches, UPS Backups, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Monitors, and Peripherals. Our hybrid facility is both a warehouse and technical “lab” environment. This job is both physical and technical in nature, and the ideal candidate is somebody who is not afraid to get his or her hands dirty.
- Work with other team members to sort and consolidate loads of mixed electronics and I.T. of varied condition, quality, type and value
- Evaluate electronic equipment and components using the provided testing equipment/software
- Refurbish and/or sanitize electronic equipment in accordance with company or customer requirements.
- Assess functionality and reuse potential of electronic components
- Comply with all security protocols, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance
- Sort and move material to shelves, pallets, or other assigned locations in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Experience and familiarity with all types of IT equipment
- Comfortable with physical work
- Advanced computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well in a team setting, or alone and unsupervised
- Great problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Some previous work experience in a warehouse setting is an asset
Shift Recycling is a fast growing end of life e-waste recycling and e-scrap trading company. Founded in 2010, Shift has grown to be one of the largest processors of e-waste in Ontario. Shift deals with large volume generators of e-waste such as municipalities, scrap, waste and IT Asset Disposition companies. Through its Shift’s wholly owned subsidiary, Revolution Recycling, Shift offers businesses of all size, Data Destruction, IT Asset Disposition and Recycling solutions.