Go back to the full list
Recycling CRT Televisions - What You Need To Know
Old display technology format - no longer in use
Sony, Samsung, Philips, Panasonic, Sharp, LG, NEC, JVC, Hitachi, Sanyo
Data Risk Potential
End of Life Recycling Process
Manual disassembly for commodity recovery
Environmental Health and Safety Hazards
- A nonfunctional CRT TV has no reuse value but does have valuable metals like aluminum and copper that can be extracted.
- CRT monitors contain a variety of different recycle and repurpose than other e-waste.
- The amount of lead contained within CRT monitors sold just in the year of 2002 was approximately 10,000 tons.
- Costs related to CRT recycling, whether directed towards consumers or producers, generally discourage people from recycling even though it is beneficial.
- The most produced products created from recycled CRT monitors include ceramic glazes, glass fiber, and glass-based composites.
Why use Revolution?
- Revolution is one of the leading electronics recycling companies in Canada, operating out of a 125,000 square foot facility in Toronto and a separate facility in Ottawa.
- Revolution is fully certified so that you can be certain that all of your electronics are recycled responsibly and securely.
- We issue a Certificate of Recycling for every load of electronic waste that we pick up.
Contact Revolution at 416-222-1773 or use the form to book an electronics pickup.